The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original Cozette Number 4 supercharger for sale
Real Cozette on ebay
(07-09-2018, 11:41 PM)Daustin Wrote: Real Cozette on ebay

Looks a good deal for someone, offers over £1500 if you read the listing.
Can’t be many original ones out there.
Well if you need one, you have to pay.

Thankfully I have one for the Ulster.

It may not run full time, as seller is asking the buyer not to use paypal. Unless they pay the fees. Ebay doesn't alow this, they only like to punish the seller, not the buyer.

Tony.
It's now up to 4250!

Erich
(08-09-2018, 03:33 PM)Erich Wrote: It's now up to 4250!

Erich

No , Erich it’s not, if you read the listing the man is looking for offers over £1500.
Don’t know why he started the listing at £4250 if hes happy with less Than half
Thank you Zeto, I looked at the buy it now price and was a bit put off, not that I need a Cozette No. 4. Maybe as a spare when I have an original blown car. ;-)

Erich
Offer over £1500
Buy it Now £4250
Make an offer!!!
Of course if you are desperate for one and have deep pockets you buy it now at £4250
But what is a fair price for such an item?
First one I've seen on the open market so difficult to say.
If the insides are good, as is said, it's worth a lot, especially if you have a genuine blown car without a genuine blower. However the tender part is the rotor drive which uses a "pin and petal" drive of hardened steel on hardened steel. Wear escalates here in the absence of really good lubrication.

I'd love one but can't justify the bidding.

Charles
I think you are right Charles, price is difficult.

I think a new one is £1,200. And for me an original would always be worth more.

So if someone got it for £1,500 I would say that's the bottom end of what it's worth. After that it depends on how desperate the buyer is.

I'd love a spare  for JJ. But can't warrant that sort of money when I have so much else to do and pay for.

Do remember supply and demand, all the original blown cars probably already have blowers. So demand is only for a spare, many people are perhaps like me, and won't pay the high price for a spare.

Anyone building a replica, might as well buy a replica blower. At least it will work.

Never mind.

Tony.
Apparently sold for £2,500 according to the email I got from eBay.