The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wedding Car Wanted
A friend of my daughter is getting married in April next year at a venue near Cambridge. She would like an Austin 7 as a wedding car as her dad used to have one and she remembers being driven in it. She is having difficulty in finding someone to provide an Austin 7. Is there anybody out there in A7 land who would be prepared to help out. Please PM or 'e' mail me if you can help.  'e' mail:- gandtsaward@gmail.com
(06-09-2018, 09:41 AM)Tony Saward Wrote: A friend of my daughter is getting married in April next year at a venue near Cambridge. She would like an Austin 7 as a wedding car as her dad used to have one and she remembers being driven in it. She is having difficulty in finding someone to provide an Austin 7. Is there anybody out there in A7 land who would be prepared to help out. Please PM or 'e' mail me if you can help.  'e' mail:- gandtsaward@gmail.com

Send an email to Paul Lawrence who will circulate this to the Cambridge club. I am sure something will turn up very easily. We only have a 1928 Chummy and an Ulsteroid, neither of which seems ideal, but there are plenty of others in this area.
Robert Leigh
Robert,
For my daughter's wedding I found my '28 Chummy quite suitable, despite her wearing a traditional meringue dress. Returning from the church they were both in the back...but it was only a short ride.
I did this for a friend with my '29 Chummy. It was a tight squeeze in the back for them both. Meringue dress, fireman + bottle of champagne. Good fun though.
(06-09-2018, 11:26 AM)Robert Leigh Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 09:41 AM)Tony Saward Wrote: A friend of my daughter is getting married in April next year at a venue near Cambridge. She would like an Austin 7 as a wedding car as her dad used to have one and she remembers being driven in it. She is having difficulty in finding someone to provide an Austin 7. Is there anybody out there in A7 land who would be prepared to help out. Please PM or 'e' mail me if you can help.  'e' mail:- gandtsaward@gmail.com

Send an email to Paul Lawrence who will circulate this to the Cambridge club. I am sure something will turn up very easily. We only have a 1928 Chummy and an Ulsteroid, neither of which seems ideal, but there are plenty of others in this area.
Robert Leigh

Robert, Private Message sent to you today

Tony, from personal experience I would aim for a heavy 12 Tourer, say, a Clifton. Much more space in the back for the big frock etc.
(10-09-2018, 02:31 PM)Ian McGowan Wrote: Tony, from personal experience I would aim for a heavy 12 Tourer, say, a Clifton. Much more space in the back for the big frock etc.

Or, preferably, two Heavy 12 Cliftons! From our daughter's wedding 17 years ago and both cars Ian McG knows well.

Steve
You always go one better, Steve !! LOL
Is the one on the right of the photo the one I towed up a hill on the Pennine Run about 10 years ago??
(11-09-2018, 10:25 AM)Ian McGowan Wrote: You always go one better, Steve !! LOL
Is the one on the right of the photo the one I towed up a hill on the Pennine Run about 10 years ago??

Yes Ian, that's Rob's car. He brought it over from Holland specially for the wedding and, of course, David came over from France specially as well providing the other one. Some people are more than just 'good friends'.

Steve