The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome plating recommendation
Seeking advice regarding chrome platers please. Happy to consider all recommendations but is there a reliable company in the London, Home Counties or East Anglia area that anyone would recommend?

Thanks, John
Doug Heath
Unit 6, Baldock Industrial Estate, London Rd
SG7 6NG Baldock
Hertfordshire England
01462 896680

Has done good work for me some years ago. Always busy so may not be quick!
(05-09-2018, 07:28 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: Doug Heath
Unit 6, Baldock Industrial Estate, London Rd
SG7 6NG Baldock
Hertfordshire England
01462 896680

Has done good work for me some years ago. Always busy so may not be quick!

Many thanks Nick, I will give him a call.
For the last 13 years I have used:

Wyatt Polishing Ltd
18 Telford Way, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 1HU
Tel 01842 766770

for all my plating needs - both nickel and chrome, and they have never let me down. However, like all the polishers and platers I know of, they take forever!
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
(05-09-2018, 07:11 PM)jboy964 Wrote: Seeking advice regarding chrome platers please. Happy to consider all recommendations but is there a reliable company in the London, Home Counties or East Anglia area that anyone would recommend?

Thanks, John

I used http://www.classiccarwebsite.com/letchwo...nd-plating and was pleased with the result and the time it took.
Robert Leigh
Thank you Rick and Robert for your recommendations, I will speak to each of them.

John
(05-09-2018, 07:11 PM)jboy964 Wrote: Seeking advice regarding chrome platers please. Happy to consider all recommendations but is there a reliable company in the London, Home Counties or East Anglia area that anyone would recommend?

Thanks, John

About ten years ago I used CRS of West Hythe, Kent.  Tel:01303 268969.  Not cheap but excellent quality work, produced on agreed timescale.  I hope they are still in business.
Anthony
To bring this thread up to date, I am having difficulty in getting a couple of small brackets chrome-plated without paying an excessive amount. The company I have used in Coventry now has a £50 minimum order charge and one recommended in Northampton has minimum order charge of £90!

Does anybody have any recommendations for a reliable company at a sensible price?
Have you tried Genie of the Lamp, David?

https://www.geniusofthelamp.co.uk/
I hadn't thought of trying them! I'll phone them tomorrow.