The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windscreen Wiper Vacuum tube
Can anyone tell me how the rubber vacuum tube for the windscreen wiper motor on a 1927 chummy was routed and supported. I have two versions of the Lucas motor --one with the vac connection on the driver's side and one with the vac connection on the passenger side--which one is correct?
(05-09-2018, 05:17 PM)Ken Morton Wrote: Can anyone tell me how the rubber vacuum tube for the windscreen wiper motor on a 1927 chummy was routed and supported. I have two versions of the Lucas motor --one with the vac connection on the driver's side and one with the vac connection on the passenger side--which one is correct?
I cannot remember seeing an Austin 7 with the vacuum tube anywhere but the driver's side, unless anyone knows better. My memory only goes back to 1959 on this!

Robert Leigh
On my AH tourer there are two P shaped clips attached by small (BA?) screws to the inside of the windscreen pillar.

The tube comes out of a hole in the top right corner of the dash, up the pillar, and across the top to the motor.

It isn't attached to anything as it runs from pillar to motor.

Probably different on a Chummy, I didn't spot the little holes until someone here told me about them.

Simon
Here’s mine...

On my R saloon I have two P shaped clips along the top of the windscreen surround holding the tubing in place.