The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the beginning
Hello chaps,

as I mentioned in another thread, here is where I/we want to start.

We decided to start rebuilding 2 chassis to a good rolling condition. As there are different ways of how to get through a project, we choose to start with the chassis for some reasons.

First of all is to see what parts we already have, what parts we need to repair or recondition, what parts we need to built and for what we have to pay buying new stuff.
As I said before, no animals or bodyshells were harmed for our project. We gatherd quite a bit of parts and this is where you guys come in. Due to the attachment-restrictions of 8 per post I´ll start with a few replies here with pictures of what we got. Right now there are 5 chassis in more or less good conditions. After going through a few spare parts lists we have a good clue on what parts we have, but not what kind of frames. They all look kind a similar with a few or less changes in the details. It would be nice if you guys could help us on identifying what exact kind of chassis we got and maybe from which years they might be.

Cheers, and thanks for your help in advance and again sorry if the grammar or spelling is somewhere wrong

Rob

This chassis was after our research part of a Saloon.

Front axle is missing but we have a few in stock. 
One thing we noticed is that on the front spring the leafs are straight cut at the ends. We also have springs that are arrowed at the tips. Is that a sign for the year or the model?

Rear springs seem to have lost some of their clamps. 

This one had been painted obviously and no chassisplate on it. Seems also to be with braking wires instead of links.

The next one had been worked on obviously. The rails at the rear seem to be cut off. Also is there a steel wire from"handbrake" going through the middle of the chassis. It apperas also to have the wired brake system due to the brackets that hold the small rollers at the rear traverse.

And then there are these following two. 
I already asked for the traverse with the big holes in the middle of the frame. These two have it mounted off centre to the left. Also the holes in the frame made us wonder if these are LHD chassis. Speaking for this assume is that we also have a LHD steering column.

The shortend one with the axle imho is the oldest one. no noplate also but brakes with steel links. no wire there.

And here the shortend (oldest?) one:

(12-09-2018, 12:05 AM)Colognerob Wrote: Hello chaps,

as I mentioned in another thread, here is where I/we want to start.

We decided to start rebuilding 2 chassis to a good rolling condition. As there are different ways of how to get through a project, we choose to start with the chassis for some reasons.

First of all is to see what parts we already have, what parts we need to repair or recondition, what parts we need to built and for what we have to pay buying new stuff.
As I said before, no animals or bodyshells were harmed for our project. We gatherd quite a bit of parts and this is where you guys come in. Due to the attachment-restrictions of 8 per post I´ll start with a few replies here with pictures of what we got. Right now there are 5 chassis in more or less good conditions. After going through a few spare parts lists we have a good clue on what parts we have, but not what kind of frames. They all look kind a similar with a few or less changes in the details. It would be nice if you guys could help us on identifying what exact kind of chassis we got and maybe from which years they might be.

Cheers, and thanks for your help in advance and again sorry if the grammar or spelling is somewhere wrong

Rob

This chassis was after our research part of a Saloon.

Front axle is missing but we have a few in stock. 
One thing we noticed is that on the front spring the leafs are straight cut at the ends. We also have springs that are arrowed at the tips. Is that a sign for the year or the model?

Rear springs seem to have lost some of their clamps. 

This one had been painted obviously and no chassisplate on it. Seems also to be with braking wires instead of links.

The next one had been worked on obviously. The rails at the rear seem to be cut off. Also is there a steel wire from"handbrake" going through the middle of the chassis. It apperas also to have the wired brake system due to the brackets that hold the small rollers at the rear traverse.

And then there are these following two. 
I already asked for the traverse with the big holes in the middle of the frame. These two have it mounted off centre to the left. Also the holes in the frame made us wonder if these are LHD chassis. Speaking for this assume is that we also have a LHD steering column.

The shortend one with the axle imho is the oldest one. no noplate also but brakes with steel links. no wire there.

And here the shortend (oldest?) one:

To start the ball rolling (no doubt you'll get help from others) the springs approrpiate to all your chassis should have squared-off ends, the tapered ones are from some earlier models.  All your chasses  with the V-dip in the front crossmember and the cranked-up extensions at rear are the Ruby-type which started in 1934.  I'm not at home to tell you the exact dates of the numbered plates, but sure someone will.   Presuming the diffs are original to the chassis they're on, you'll find the exact date of manufacture stamped into the top of the D-shaped diff housing - eg - 10/9/37 or similar. Good Luck with your project.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
Thanks for the rolling ball Smile
I was already thinking that these are all the ruby type cause of the extensions. After you mentioned the v-dip... yeah... never thought of that or haven´t noticed that before... lesson learned for today. same with the diff housing... i have seen a chart somwhere here or in the archive but never thought abput checking that. as far as we know the diffs have always been in the chassis they are mounted to. we also have one more rear axle looking like the one in the first pictures. i also will have a look at that.

thx
rob
I posted this link a few days ago on another thread, it should help in identifying the build date of your D-shaped diff housings. I think some of the very early low frame Ruby type chassis still had the chassis number stamped into the rails, so may be worth checking out those that are missing the numbered alloy plates particularly any that don't have the two holes present to accept the riveted alloy plate.

http://a7ca.org/downloads/QuoteThisNumber.pdf

Is the first plate 233319 or 273319 ? - if 233319 it would be September 1935, if 273319 it would be approximately April 1937

277760 would be very late August / very early September 1937