The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
fuel tank repair
Well 

The 'slosh' in my saloon has been there now at least since the year 2000. I think it was probably 1998 or 9 that I did it. It covers a pinhole halfway up which was repaired with a pea size piece of plastic padding epoxy metal which was put on from the outside and podged over on the inside with a stick. The tank has held petrol every day since. Any petrol, I do not avoid ethanol and buy supermarket shite happily. The only additive I have ever used is a drop of oil now and again.

Whilst this is not the POR product. I can happily say that I am entirely satisfied with the slosh style product. And thus have done the same to a further two tanks.
(18-09-2018, 09:54 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: Well 

The 'slosh' in my saloon has been there now at least since the year 2000. I think it was probably 1998 or 9 that I did it. It covers a pinhole halfway up which was repaired with a pea size piece of plastic padding epoxy metal which was put on from the outside and podged over on the inside with a stick. The tank has held petrol every day since. Any petrol, I do not avoid ethanol and buy supermarket shite happily. The only additive I have ever used is a drop of oil now and again.

Whilst this is not the POR product. I can happily say that I am entirely satisfied with the slosh style product. And thus have done the same to a further two tanks.

Me too. On more than one car, both now with over 20 years service.

Charles
Would be very interested to know what gloop you used.

Because Poor15 is terrible.
I must admit conversations I've had with people who have advocated doing things properly 'for the longer term'... have also sloshed their own cars and found it perfectly sound for (extended) periods; that supports what some others have said on here. So is the (cheaper) slosh the more trusted product of the several?
(19-09-2018, 08:42 AM)mk1-mark Wrote: Would be very interested to know what gloop you used.

Because Poor15 is terrible.

Sorry. Way too long ago to remember. 

Charles
I used the Por motorcycle kit from Frosts to repair my very leaky Pearl petrol tank 7 years ago.

It is still working perfectly.

It took over a week to prepare and carry out the work properly.

As I mentioned at the start, I have now done several more tank repairs using the same techniques, and product, with long-term success, to date.

I chose to have the Chummy tank soldered because the leak was not a pinhole/rot but a stress fracture along the edge of the mounting bracket (quite common in the D tanks), solder in this case has been 100% successful.

Horses for courses and all that...