The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Just joined your friendly little forum, so thank you for having me!

I have yet to get an Austin 7.  I have just finished rebuilding from the ground up a Land Rover series 1 and am looking to part with it sometime soon and relive my earliest motoring days with an Austin 7

My first car, back in 1962, was a one owner Pearl (JD5245) which cost me 45 pounds and suffered all sorts of abuse for 18 months until my lack of care and attention led  to its demise and the acquisition of yet another 7 and then several more!  I was known as the motoring cuckoo because of all the 7s I had in other peoples garages!  Last 7 was an Ulster (1154ME) which I sold for 70 pounds to finance our honeymoon!

Not sure what I am going to get when the funds arrive for my new purchase.  I do know it will be pre Ruby which I hope won't upset too many Ruby owners here, but I might go pre1931 but having said that, longer wheelbase might be nice.

I haven't done my profile yet, so, I live in Maldon Essex and will soon be 74, and have been tinkering and rebuilding cars for ages and the thought of an Austin 7 and the simplicity and lightness of everything is a big appeal.  I shall get an already restored car because I am about to lose my rented workshop but will have facilities to do servicing and upkeep.

Looks like I am probably boring you so I shall leave it there for now (and supper is ready!)!

Cheers

Ant
Welcome back to the world of Austin Sevens Ant.

We look forward to seeing what you buy; photos are always well received!

Peter.
Ant,

the Essex Austin Seven Club is very active (and very sociable!), I would encourage you to make contact with them, see: https://ea7c.org

Their input in getting a good car for you will be very valuable, I am certain.
Thanks Ruairidh for the EASC information. Their vice chairman Les Morley used to service our AGA!
A man of many talents!!
I'm a new member of a week or so to this forum too AntC, so respect your call out for ideas. Hello...

I have a Mk1 Pearl, a blast from the past for you attached...

May be for sale soon too... as I have just picked up a Nippy...

Regards

M-M

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(13-08-2018, 06:55 PM)AntC Wrote: Just joined your friendly little forum, so thank you for having me!

I have yet to get an Austin 7.  I have just finished rebuilding from the ground up a Land Rover series 1 and am looking to part with it sometime soon and relive my earliest motoring days with an Austin 7

My first car, back in 1962, was a one owner Pearl (JD5245) which cost me 45 pounds and suffered all sorts of abuse for 18 months until my lack of care and attention led  to its demise and the acquisition of yet another 7 and then several more!  I was known as the motoring cuckoo because of all the 7s I had in other peoples garages!  Last 7 was an Ulster (1154ME) which I sold for 70 pounds to finance our honeymoon!

Not sure what I am going to get when the funds arrive for my new purchase.  I do know it will be pre Ruby which I hope won't upset too many Ruby owners here, but I might go pre1931 but having said that, longer wheelbase might be nice.

I haven't done my profile yet, so, I live in Maldon Essex and will soon be 74, and have been tinkering and rebuilding cars for ages and the thought of an Austin 7 and the simplicity and lightness of everything is a big appeal.  I shall get an already restored car because I am about to lose my rented workshop but will have facilities to do servicing and upkeep.

Looks like I am probably boring you so I shall leave it there for now (and supper is ready!)!

Cheers

Ant

Welcome aboard Ant!
Hi Ant
Our next (Essex A7 Club) meeting is tomorrow (Wednesday), details on the website you have already found so you would be very welcome to come along and meet/join should you wish. Food is served from about 7:15, with most arriving around 7:30 and the main meeting starting at 8.

There is still time to join up and build your model A7 ready for September race night.

Les installed our AGA and then we met him about 10 years later at an Open Garden event with his Ruby. 3 days later we bought our A7 and the rest is history as they say...

Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Thanks for the welcome!

Love the Pearl M-M but a bit too much work for me at the moment I think but have lots of fun with the Nippy.

It seems that like Land Rovers, there is a possibly contagious disease that results in multiple ownership!

Cheers

Ant

(14-08-2018, 08:23 AM)Andy Bennett Wrote: Hi Ant
Our next (Essex A7 Club) meeting is tomorrow (Wednesday), details on the website you have already found so you would be very welcome to come along and meet/join should you wish. Food is served from about 7:15, with most arriving around 7:30 and the main meeting starting at 8.

There is still time to join up and build your model A7 ready for September race night.

Les installed our AGA and then we met him about 10 years later at an Open Garden event with his Ruby. 3 days later we bought our A7 and the rest is history as they say...

Andy B

Thanks Andy.  Can't come regrettably, because tomorrow is my birthday and I gather something special is planned.......!
You never know it might be a Box saloon.
Happy Birthday
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!