The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1928/29 horn cable route.
Good afternoon. I am currently preparing the wiring for our AE based van. Could anyone advise me of the route that is taken by the horn cable from the steering box to the horn?

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart
Not sure of the route.
Just in case you haven't seen this, some wiring diagrams for 1928/9 are wrong and show the horn button before the horn. In fact it should be after the horn and there is a single wire which up the column which is grounded by the button.
Jim
    Stuart,
After leaving the bottom of the steering column it enters the bulkhead through the large hole on the o/s together with the bundle of other cables and the two cables then re-emerge through the top hole on the n/s. See photos. Cable is black covered, not armoured. ( Car illustrated is my late '28 saloon - sans engine! )
Hope this helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chris, many thanks for the promptness and detail of your response - exactly what I was hoping for.

Austin, you are quite correct, I have had a number of discussions with A7 owners who have insisted that 'because it's in the wiring diagram it must be right' with the misconception that the horn button provides a live feed to the horn rather than dropping it to earth.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart