The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum thanks
Just a post from me to thank the forum for various assistance, via the board and PM that assisted me assembling my chummy so far. You know who you are, so thanks.

What has brought this on is that this evening I got her running and it moved under its own power, probably since the autumn of 1985. I've never seen it in one piece, let alone see it move. 6 weeks ago the car was only a bare rolling chassis and a engine on a stand. Plus piles of bits I had never seen assembled. 

Im not quite there yet, I'm waiting for some rubber for the screen and medallions to go on the headlights. And to fit the instruments but tonight has been a big breakthrough. Some brake adjustment is high on the list too. The maiden vouage around the farm was fun with none.

The engine running 

https://youtu.be/O8QAsDiYr7E

And some pics of where I'm presently at. The car will be presented and used in what our hotrod chums call 'rat look until the the bodywork gets properly sorted

[Image: 008_1677.jpg]

[Image: 008_1675.jpg]

[Image: 008_1676.jpg]

[Image: 008_1674.jpg]
Well done Hedd - a good feeling!
Hedd, good work on the Chummy. I also have to second your hurrah for the help from the Austin Seven community. After owning classic vehicles for many years, I have found the Austin Seven community to be the most helpful of any that I have been associated with, with a close second by the Velo club. I have met people who I now consider dear friends and am richer for that.

Erich in Seattle
I love the look that carries its age with pride. You only have to see the cars people head for at shows, its the ones that look like they drove there, not the ones which look like they arrived in an air conditioned truck, and I also echo the help comments.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Don't lose that "rat look" Hedd, you cannot buy it!
Yup, +1 for 'rat look'!

Well done Hedd.
Dad had stripped 60% of the red paint off the body and sandblasted the wings to reveal the mig 3d printing.

Ive just painted it with some satin black from Wilcos with a gloss roller.

Then I scratched it putting the hood on!.
There wee go. 10 miles accomplished today. 

[Image: 008_1678.jpg]
Hedd, in your shoes I'd paint the rear wheels red to match the fronts and just leave it with a red bonnet. Job done. It's the opposite of Timothy's beautiful fabric saloon - red with a black bonnet

Aye
Greig
Patience!. I've only been at it 5 weeks. I need one more closed centre wheel first. The rears are the open centre spares for the RP.