The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zenith 30VEI Diagram
Question 
I have failed to print the details about the 30VEI carburettor from the website or via Google.. Can someone send me a PM with a copy ?
I need the exploded diagram in particular as I am not convinced my carb is complete, or some parts may not be correct...In particular the "Capacity tube size no 2"
Help is appreciated
David
(09-08-2018, 03:18 PM)David.H Wrote: I have failed to print the details about the 30VEI carburettor from the website or via Google.. Can someone send me a PM with a copy ?
I need the exploded diagram in particular as I am not convinced my carb is complete, or some parts may not be correct...In particular the "Capacity tube size no 2"
Help is appreciated
David
I think I have "sussed" it out! The capacity tube appears to be just that....a tube cast into the carburettor, no jet or valve & everything is now back together & clean. Soon I will find out if it works!.
The jets are Main 90 (?) Compensating 55(as Nippy) I didn't measure the Choke tube.The slow running is 60 which seems standard...there is no seal under this jet, is that correct? What or where is the "progression " jet?
I am amazed at the amount of rubbish that has come out of this and the AC pump! Also how many small diameter passages are cast or machines into the body! Some of them must have been bunged up or severely reduced.
(09-08-2018, 10:28 PM)David.H Wrote:
(09-08-2018, 03:18 PM)David.H Wrote: I have failed to print the details about the 30VEI carburettor from the website or via Google.. Can someone send me a PM with a copy ?
Help is appreciated
David
I think I have "sussed" it out! The capacity tube appears to be just that....a tube cast into the carburettor, no jet or valve & everything is now back together & clean. Soon I will find out if it works!.
The jets are Main 90 (?) Compensating 55(as Nippy) I didn't measure the Choke tube.The slow running is 60 which seems standard...there is no seal under this jet, is that correct? What or where is the "progression " jet?
I am amazed at the amount of rubbish that has come out of this and the AC pump! Also how many small diameter passages are cast or machines into the body! Some of them must have been bunged up or severely reduced.
David - If it's any help, my Speedy motor with a 30VE1 carb, when being roadtested in a 1937 Ruby worked so well I started to worry about brakes (even with re-newed semi-Girlings).  It's specs were :- Choke Tube 25, Main jet 120, Compensating jet 40, Capacity tube 2, Slow-run jet 60, Progression jet 90.   May be some guide.  Good Luck, Cheers,  Bill in Oz
(10-08-2018, 03:02 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote:
(09-08-2018, 10:28 PM)David.H Wrote:
Help is appreciated
David
David - If it's any help, my Speedy motor with a 30VE1 carb, when being roadtested in a 1937 Ruby worked so well I started to worry about brakes (even with re-newed semi-Girlings).  It's specs were :- Choke Tube 25, Main jet 120, Compensating jet 40, Capacity tube 2, Slow-run jet 60, Progression jet 90.   May be some guide.  Good Luck, Cheers,  Bill in Oz
Thank you Bill
I am a bit confused by this "progression jet".
As far as I can see I only  have Slow Running 60, Compensating 55 and Main 90. Where is the progression jet to be found? There are no more places I can see where a jet could go!
Check out this, shows the locations of the jets
https://aus7in.files.wordpress.com/2016/...jpg?w=1440
Zenith's can be so damned complicated. 
As I see it at the throttle edge there is an outlet which breaks into the slow running passage.
When the throttle is opened from idle it gives an additional mixture to allow smooth getaway from slow running. This area is termed the " progression jet " but I have to confess I've never investigated it. I had thought it was of fixed value to all 30 & 36 series Zeniths. Perhaps not!
Does this help?

(10-08-2018, 04:33 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Does this help?

Sadly no! The  30VEI is a down draft!
But thank you anyway.
The carburettor is on the car & it fired up immediately! So I must have done something right.

(10-08-2018, 10:45 AM)Bryan Wrote: Check out this, shows the locations of the jets
https://aus7in.files.wordpress.com/2016/...jpg?w=1440

Thank you for that, however...my carburettor has an open tube at #4 and the tube has no thread, so no possibility to put in a jet as per that diagram!
(10-08-2018, 04:43 PM)David.H Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 04:33 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Does this help?

Sadly no! The  30VEI is a down draft!
But thank you anyway.
The carburettor is on the car & it fired up immediately! So I must have done something right.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The numbering for the large VEI is odd. Cannot find 8; 24 is the progression jet. I dunno about the 30VEI but on examples above, the simialr VM, and the carb on Ford 10s, the jet is  in the main barrel at butterfly level.