The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like Camshaft Specs
Hi All,
I asked this question Before and no reply.
What are the Standard specs for Factory camshafts ie Ulster blown
                                                                             Brooklands
                                                                             Speedy & nippy

These are for opening & Closing of inlets & Exhausts and Lifts
After market cam suppliers normally provide this information but the ones regrinding cams for sevens do not appear to do this  which is strange as once you have the cam you  check before  using.

Just to be Clear I am not BAGING Anyone .
Looking Forward to replys

Colin
NZ
Nippy ,Speedy and Brooklands Had 3/8" lifts,Not sure on timings. Robert Foreman will have the spec on Blown Ulster.
Most regrinds are 8mm/ 5/16" lift
Do these profiles from Bruce White's site help?

http://www.austinsevenfriends.com/Bruce_...files.html
(06-08-2018, 11:08 PM)DavidK Wrote: Do these profiles from Bruce White's site help?

http://www.austinsevenfriends.com/Bruce_...files.html

Thanks David, I have a copy of those profiles, Bruce white Pages are very good well worth a look
Colin are you grinding, or trying to identify a cam, either way if you call me I may be able to offer some assistance and advice. I need to talk to you in any case about the white metalling and appear to have misplaced your number
Black Art Enthusiast
(07-08-2018, 05:05 AM)Ian Williams Wrote: Colin are you grinding, or trying to identify a cam, either way if you call me I may be able to offer some assistance and advice. I need to talk to you in any case about the white metalling and appear to have misplaced your number

Hi Ian, Making a new cam from scratch no oil pump gear or fuel pump lob was just interested as to specs for factory blown cam.
Phone number 094316886
Hello Colin, 
     I have a pattern lodged at Kent Cams for a 9C141 blown camshaft if you are interested. With a blown cam being very mild you can use an early coil camshaft to modify and it does not even grind into the base circle. I can dig out details of the lift, etc if you wish. I'm intrigued why you would want to make one from scratch? 

Best wishes,
                             Robert.
Hi Robert, thanks for reply, the reason for the cam is all three bearings will be plain. and  gears  straight cut,
will also have no dynamo or distributor and be running a Scintilla mag with drive from a skew gear on the crank.
There are a lot of other mods as will be running between 12 & 15 PSI Boost

Colin
Tinopai NZ
I can't remember quite where this came from - possibly Dave Armstrong 

I'd be interested in the data on the 9C cam Robert

.png   IMG_0264.PNG (Size: 207.67 KB / Downloads: 204)
(08-08-2018, 10:01 PM)Charles P Wrote: I can't remember quite where this came from - possibly Dave Armstrong 

I'd be interested in the data on the 9C cam Robert

Hi Charles,
Thanks for those Details
Colin
NZ