The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 913 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy questions - front seats. Rear number plate hoop
(28-07-2018, 03:37 PM)jboy964 Wrote: My 1928 Chummy also has a “swing aside” arrangement, as mentioned by AustinWood. Just a piece of cut u shape metal, held in place by a pin, does the job!

This is interesting stuff! My RK saloon has tip up seats, but no means of adjustment (holes in the floor frame for the seat only) I will look again to see what I can do..... What happens on the other side (the non swing arm side?)
My AG Tourer (SWB "Chummy" style steel body) again has four hinges, no swing arms and no obvious way if moving the seats back/forward other than altering the seat mounting bolts.....
As far as the number plate hoop is concerned, mine on the AG is off the car (I have to make up the mounting brackets....four simple "L" shaped ones that were bolted or possibly solid riveted to the floor) I can measure it & photograph the remains of the brackets. You can then fit it to give you the location you want....You may find the holes in the floor. Mine were in bits of lace masquerading as a floor!

(28-07-2018, 05:05 PM)David.H Wrote:
(28-07-2018, 03:37 PM)jboy964 Wrote: My 1928 Chummy also has a “swing aside” arrangement, as mentioned by AustinWood. Just a piece of cut u shape metal, held in place by a pin, does the job!

This is interesting stuff! My RK saloon has tip up seats, but no means of adjustment (holes in the floor frame for the seat only) I will look again to see what I can do..... What happens on the other side (the non swing arm side?)
My AG Tourer (SWB "Chummy" style steel body) again has four hinges, no swing arms and no obvious way if moving the seats back/forward other than altering the seat mounting bolts.....
As far as the number plate hoop is concerned, mine on the AG is off the car (I have to make up the mounting brackets....four simple "L" shaped ones that were bolted or possibly solid riveted to the floor) I can measure it & photograph the remains of the brackets. You can then fit it to give you the location you want....You may find the holes in the floor. Mine were in bits of lace masquerading as a floor!
Here are the Photos. The hoop is 55" long. Mounting holes : 3/16 rivets into the floor & 1/4BSF bolts from the bracket to the hoop 2.5" centres. so the brackets are permanent and the hoop can be replaced if damaged.
The bracket is one single piece folded to the shape ...it has a distinct "slope" to it & the hoop has a similar angle at the mounting ends either to angle the hoop or perhaps the floor is slightly angled & the bracket compensates for this?
Hope this helps. I will be making the brackets next week & will 1/4 BSFbolt them with "penny" washers into the floor rather than using solid rivets

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chummy questions - front seats. Rear number plate hoop - by David.H - 28-07-2018, 05:05 PM