The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy questions - front seats. Rear number plate hoop
Apologies for thread hi-jack. I arrived here via google search, and have now registered to ask a related question....

My '27 chummy has a sliding driver's side seat, and is hinged on the passenger side. The driver's seat is fine - the u-shaped pivoting clamp holds the seat secure against the seat box crossmember.
However, the passenger side is problematic - the seat frame is not very stiff torsionally, so under enthusiastic cornering (!) with a substantial passenger, the seat frame flexes and lifts from the crossmember on one side - a very disconcerting experience.

Is this a recognised issue with the hinged seats? It seems to me that this is intrinsic to the design if my car is correct. With the hinged seats does the frame rest solely on the box section crossmember, or is there intended to be some location/bracing to the rear footwells behind the box section? 

(OP - nice looking project)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chummy questions - front seats. Rear number plate hoop - by edge - 27-07-2018, 09:47 PM