The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fitting luggage rack to 7 RP box
I was looking forward to my first Guildtown and have paid the entry fee - but have you seen the weather forecast? Heavy rain and thunderstorms for Saturday, light rain for Sunday. My car leaks, (like most sevens), so I'll probably give it a miss. Pity as the weather for the last two months has been so warm and dry. Glamis this year was brilliant.
I thought I could add to (revive?) this old thread with some images of the luggage rack on Harvey our RN. 

I had always wondered what the non-standard rack was and discovered the post by Jeff Taylor. I now know that its a ELRCO Easyfit "Midget" - although the mounting brackets appear a little different to those shown the advert. The carrier is bolted to the body work and the floor and appears to "do the job". 

There is evidence underneath the floor of earlier brackets which look like the "Super Easyfit" type mountings so maybe an earlier owner decided that a more modest carrier was good enough - probably a good idea.

We have used the carrier with the ubiquitous wicker hamper (below) and also a vintage leather suitcase. It works fine although the number plate (and lights) mounting is a little low when deployed.

Any more details on the ELRCO carriers and when they were sold etc. would be gratefully received.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I thought AYN 912 sounded familiar. I purchased it in  1969 somewhere around South West London for £100.  It was my 3rd Austin 7 (and only car at the time) but its use was limited by a horrendous oil leak from the nose piece and I was living at an address where there was no chance to remove the radiator and cure the leak! I don't recall the details when I passed it on and replaced it with a Riley RMA 1½ litre which consumed petrol at 20 m.p.g.