The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SWB silencer/box length?
could someone tell me how long a SWB silencer box is please?

I've got what I imagine is a Ruby box - 21.5" long, which will just about fit between the two chassis cross members. But is it better to have it cut down?

I'm running a Ruby manifold, so imagine I'm going to need to bend a Ruby front pipe a bit to get it through rather than under the front crossmember...
(21-07-2018, 05:24 PM)JonE Wrote: could someone tell me how long a SWB silencer box is please?

I've got what I imagine is a Ruby box - 21.5" long, which will just about fit between the two chassis cross members. But is it better to have it cut down?

I'm running a Ruby manifold, so imagine I'm going to need to bend a Ruby front pipe a bit to get it through rather than under the front crossmember...

The SWB and LWB silencer boxes are approximately the same length and diameter and at a push one can be used for the other with slight mods. The fixing brackets are different. The entry and exit pipe diameters are the same, (at least they are on all replacement boxes - the early originals were a butt joint at the front end with a sleeve clamp) but the entry on the front end is central on the SWB and offset on the LWB.
thanks - very helpful. I'll check the entry position...