The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slippery Anne Engine
In a recent thread I promised to post some pictures of the engine once in the car, my son Peter helped me to drop the unit into the car today, which naturally led to some photography. 

The engine has now run up to 8200 rpm and 7 pounds of boost, which must be a shock for the 1924 crankcase.

It is good to have a willing pair of hands to help out, I do feel lucky to have a 16 year old son who takes such a proactive interest.

Regards, Mark.
Hi Mark, excellent pictures, thank you! How did you make the pop off valve on the end of the inlet manifold?

Simon
8200 rpm - holy s**t!!!

You do things very well Mark!
(15-06-2018, 12:02 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: 8200 rpm - holy s**t!!!

You do things very well Mark!

Amazing ! But much too clean for an Austin Seven  Rolleyes Rolleyes
Impressive work, Mark! Thank you for posting.

Erich in Seattle
Fantastic project and a beautiful looking engine! Willing to share it's spec? John
Hi Mark
Sounds as if it could be a lot, lot faster
than the original? Is this car for circuit racing
Or Sprints? Or Roadgoing!!!?
Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Bill, you are probably correct but remember it is extremely unlikely that the engine will achieve those rev's when in the car and under load. if it did we would be looking at something over 120mph. Mark will correct me if I am wrong, but as I recall the factory struggled to get enough power to push the car much over 95mph, however Mark may well achieve the magic Ton which eluded the factory for so long.
Black Art Enthusiast
That handiwork too good to damage.
5 squared is 25, 8.2 squared is 67! A 170% increase. What rpm was the original held to? The owners of the NZ Rubber Duck never managed to put the original crankcase back together again successfully.
Have you made any mods to ensure the block stays attached to the crankcase?