The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RK windows
Hi all
We currently trial our RN saloon but my eye was taken by a project 1929 RK saloon at Beaulieu last weekend , thus another project enters the barn ! Excellent!

Having not owned an RK , I wonder if anyone has any advice or plans as to how the combined sliding and winding windows fit within the doors ? I’m probably being lazy asking but it maybe there is some good knowledge out there that could be put to use to ensure the windows fit and work easily ?!.

Also does anyone produce a 5.25 crownwheel and pinion for the screw in type torque tube axle? 

Thanks
Walter
Hi Walter, re the RK Saloon windows, there is a good thread on A7 Friends, have a look. We had the same problem when we purchased our RK with the wind down windows, they were screwed shut, take off the door cards and have a look at what you have. no doubt somebody with more information will be along soon. have fun. S&P.
Congratulations! Keep us posted on 'ere with the restoration... https://sevenRK.wordpress.com
5.25 CWP for the screw-in axle was never "officially" produced, although there may be some odd ball one-offs out there somewhere. Better to build up a complete 31/32 axle with a 5.25 and fit that. My 1929 RK has this option, much better as spares are mostly the same as the later axles.
5.375 Regent CWPs come up occasionally as well, this works well if your engine can rev.
I don't know where you are, but if you are anywhere near Stratford upon Avon you are more than welcome to look at my RK. I had a problem with the driver's door windows & they now work (carefully!).
I like the look of the trailer the RK is sitting on....any idea what make/size/owner? I could use one of those!
David
Windows

I have the complete workings from an RK which I can photograph next week for you.

C&P

I enquired about the possibility of these from David Cochrane a few years back, he told me that he could produce them as special orders, if I was prepared to wait. I suggest you ask him if this is something he can still do.
Not registered HX4683 by any chance?
(25-05-2018, 11:00 AM)David.H Wrote: I like the look of the trailer the RK is sitting on....any idea what make/size/owner? I could use one of those!
David

Ifor Williams, although the name on the trailer is in the shade, it looks the same as on the new trailers. Their narrowest trailer (internal measurement) is 5' 5"

http://www.iwt.co.uk/products/flatbed/lt...b=spec#tab
(25-05-2018, 04:32 PM)Austin Carr Wrote:
(25-05-2018, 11:00 AM)David.H Wrote: I like the look of the trailer the RK is sitting on....any idea what make/size/owner? I could use one of those!
David

Ifor Williams, although the name on the trailer is in the shade, it looks the same as on the new trailers. Their narrowest trailer (internal measurement) is 5' 5"

http://www.iwt.co.uk/products/flatbed/lt...b=spec#tab

Thanks
David
(25-05-2018, 11:11 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Windows

I have the complete workings from an RK which I can photograph next week for you.

C&P

I enquired about the possibility of these from David Cochrane a few years back, he told me that he could produce them as special orders, if I was prepared to wait.  I suggest you ask him if this is something he can still do.

Hi R,

I don't know if he done anything with them, but if my memory Is correct dave wilkinson bought out all the parts for these winders from Wayne.

Wayne made everything apart from the chains.

Perhaps dave wilkinson could be persuaded to make some up.

Tony.

Well done Walter,

I had a look on Friday, it looks like a lot has already been done.
Although some expensive paint and uphaulstry still to do.

I don't know why but I was asked a couple or more times if I was buying it ?

Just about finished rescuing one, no point in having two in the barn.

We haven't fitted the door cards yet, so if Huncote is closer. You are welcome to see how the windows are fitted. And work.

Tony.