The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine mount rubbers
I haven't got round to changing my engine rubbers yet. However, if you have the standard set-up you will find it almost impossible to change the pads under the crankcase in situ, particulary for the two rear mountings as you'll not be able to lift the engine high enough to get them off the studs. My car had been modified and the mounting bolts can be removed either from above or below and as such the crankcase can be lifted sufficiently to replace the rubbers in situ. This winter though, the engine/gearbox are coming out because I want to replace the clutch release bearing and do some other general maintenance at the same time. All of it isĀ  easier to do on the bench and I will replace the engine mount rubbers at the same time.

I haven't really found a problem with the pads under the engine. It's the smaller doughnut that goes on top of the crankcase which seems to be the most vulnerable to oil contamination, which eventually leads to failure. Having finally (almost) eradicated most of the oil leaks things are more stable these days, although a change to polybush will certainly help.

Messages In This Thread
Engine mount rubbers - by Reckless Rat - 20-08-2017, 05:39 PM
RE: Engine mount rubbers - by GPD697 - 24-10-2017, 10:39 PM
RE: Engine mount rubbers - by Douglas Alderson - 24-10-2017, 10:57 PM
RE: Engine mount rubbers - by Reckless Rat - 25-10-2017, 10:50 AM
RE: Engine mount rubbers - by Douglas Alderson - 25-10-2017, 02:52 PM