The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports bodies for a special or replica or travesty (depending on your point of view)
Hi Jamie,

I have just finished lengthening my Ruby steering column by about 4.5".  I had a spare Ruby steering column so cut the inners to give me the length I needed, turned up a sleeve/joiner and welded it together.  I did it all in the lathe so it remained straight and just in case tapped in a couple of grub screws as a fall back if the welding was not up to scratch, the outer was butt welded.

I think when the steering column angle is reduced for a special, the centre of the steering is no longer in the centre so you may need to make a slightly shorter drag link to compensate especially on the Ruby box as they are designed to have very little play straight ahead, so you want the steering box in the straight ahead when the wheels are.
Cheers

Mark

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sports bodies for a special or replica or travesty (depending on your point of view) - by Mark McKibbin - 29-06-2018, 09:16 AM