The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA7C AGM - positive news
Hello all, from time to time concerns are expressed about the future and the very obvious need to encourage new and young enthusiasts into the wonderful world of Austin Sevens. Since many old vehicle clubs find it difficult to attract new (and young) members and also volunteers for committee roles the discussion can get a bit gloomy. Back in March we held the Bristol Austin Seven Club AGM. We had a fair turnout - over 10% of the club membership which, considering the snow and threats of worsening weather was pretty good. For the past few years we have not had all committee roles filled which was a disappointment however, following our AGM, I am pleased to report that the Committee is back to full strength with several new and recent members. 

It is worth pointing out that although the average age of the club membership is quite high (reflecting the general trend of few young drivers getting into old cars) we do have quite a few younger members. On our current committee for example we have 3 under 40s and 3 women in key roles (Vice Chair, Newsletter Editor and Membership / Registrar) so there is a good mixture of experience, ideas and plenty of enthusiasm. I know that we along with most A7 and other old vehicle clubs face various challenges but I thought it was worth mentioning this recent positive news.  We are always interested in any initiatives to encourage widening participation in the A7 scene and, to this end, the BA7C are pleased to be supporting club member Chris Blakey with his ambitious and inspirational 2019 Celebrate the Seven Expedition.

We look forward to hearing positive news from other clubs. Smile

All the best,

Dan Cole
good news allround! What is the Celebrate the Seven expedition and where does it go?
Great news Dan!

Jon: http://www.celebratetheseven2019.org
Hi Dan
Very positive news and I'm sure the new RH insurance initiative towards younger willing drivers will help.
See you at Calne in June - looking forward to it!!
Bob