The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a Nippy project needs a caring new owner
Arthur - I find myself visualising Margo in Tom's living room in 'The Good Life'. You can't ask why about jokes. And it would be quite a boring place if some weren't a bit more edgy, surely? But can any really be edgy on here with this sort of subject matter - none of this activity is life threatening or illegal! I assessed the tone of the thread and I thought that on balance, it would contribute something.

But I wouldn't have posted that without the smiley, so why do you bring up mine and pat Reckless's head and explain his actions away? I'm hurt.

Your 'I don't think that it ought to matter to any of us whatsoever, what anyone does with property that does not belong to any of us?' I really don't agree with at all, sorry. That's why we lose local distinctiveness, historic houses and their palimpsest of visible history and so on. We are all merely guardians of things which potentially have a life of over our span of 70-100, surely? Yes, its a free country, but I can feel sad if things are lost as they can't be replaced. There is no right and no wrong, but we all have our own myths which we live by; which make us individuals.

And I think true friends can express their feelings without engaging in those platitudes which gradually make your cheek muscles ache, surely? Friends can be friends without having the same sense of humour or an identical range of views or values. Look at Tom and Margo.

So perhaps I should reduce the T-shirt run down a bit??

[that was a joke]

p.s. I'd - in fact - quite LIKE an Ulster Replica. Except that they are increasingly conventional, from looking through the stats on the Survivor's Register?

Messages In This Thread
RE: a Nippy project needs a caring new owner - by JonE - 08-04-2018, 07:40 PM