The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a Nippy project needs a caring new owner
Tony  - I don't think there is an asking price, just that owner was pointed out the goalposts "set" by 1. other project cars, and 2. a two letter 4 number registered sports chassis and perhaps 95% of parts (admittedly, not proven Nippy engine parts yet) having a base line value. I personally think that's more than the 3k you mention - but perhaps to those who aren't dealers, just because things like ebay have seen similar going through at 5 to people wanting to start that laborious restoration and part finding process on something a bit more rare?

I agree with your point that, whole, restored, cars are a darn sight better value if you value your time and have the wonga to use... but a lot of us are learning all this as we go along, and inevitably, make things happen through a huge commitment of voluntary time and buying lots of little essential stuff (that never gets properly added to lists)!

Perhaps clubs could have a role in this sort of thing like the green 65 or this red car? (or perhaps they already do) A lot of resources go to printing things which don't really warrant printing in the grander scheme of things (i.e. social stuff which could be done at an even more local level). Could funds be better used, with a small consortia of interested parties, to take occasional cars from 'endangered' to 'just on the road' before being put onto the market with just base costs added on? Would that be a better thing for posterity?

Messages In This Thread
RE: a Nippy project needs a caring new owner - by JonE - 07-04-2018, 07:16 PM