The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kophill Hillclimb.
I,m off to the Kophill Hillclimb this coming w/end to do the Austin 7 Parade.
Just been sent an email for 'additional insurance ???'. its a Closed Road climb, but the return to the paddock is public roads, 
I,ve done it several times before & never had to consider this addition, a call to RH is probably next ?
Who else is going ???
I'm at the event but not in my Austin 7. I shall be going up the hill on Saturday morning as a passenger in a Hispano Suiza.
To my knowledge, the return road from the top of the hill during the event has always been 'public' and therefore requiring road use insurance.
Hi Nick, that's my point. My Ruby has normal insurance with RH and has for the past 31 years, why buy more ???
If the event does not require a RS licence, I think it is certainly worth asking RH if you are covered for the "closed road" part of the event. I would be interested to know the answer. It is unlikely that you would run over a spectator on the closed section but the last time it happened at Kop there was something of a fuss....

Regards,

Stuart
Having just spoken to RH. the cars are NOT covered for the 'closed' part of the road ie the climb its self, but are covered while returning to the paddock via the 'public highway'
They will cover the closed part for £65 + £1000 excess, There will be a 40 car Austin 7 'parade' up the hill, so not likely to be too fast ?????
Thank you, useful to know. A matter for the individual to decide how he feels about risks on the closed road section.

Regards,

Stuart
As the 'Closed' road part of the climb is only about a mile at about 8 degrees slope, and I will be in the 'Parade' then I will pass on Extra insurance.
Kop themselves will insure at £25, or £12.50p//mile ( I,m going twice)
There should be some BSA FWD examples there... too far away for me though.
I have just been quoted £72.15 by ERS — additional premium covering the two days.
So I have emailed Bob Woodman ( organiser) to see what the cost will be to insure with Reis Motorsport Insurance, at sign in. Am inclined to go with them if it’s appreciably less.
I’ve done Kop Hill w/e a few times now and never given this  a thought before.

Charles