The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ulster - MV 1344
Thanks Austin, yes I agree there appear to be a few cans of worm relating to the surviving cars which is very sad in all honesty, why cant we simply record the truth about a cars history, particularly the more exotic models is disappointing to say the least. I don't know the Harris family personally but I think the fabulous thing about this particular car is that it has fallen into what appears to be very good hands. I look forward to seeing progress as it happens, please keep us posted Austin I for one will be fascinated to see small original details and watch it all take shape.
Black Art Enthusiast
I see you have a continuation book, sort recovering the number while it is in one piece. Don't take it to bits until you have a v5.

Personally Id have to restore it to a period correct condition. The wrong body is the wrong body, no matter how old or historic it may be. 

But do a nice job of it. Use all the bits that can possibly be saved of the original coachwork. 

Don't do a Festiniog railway and talk a good 'historic' job, then replace everything because its easier. 

Congratulations, I agree with others, its found a very good home.
Austin, I think the solution is pretty straightforward.

It’s too low and too tight for you to drive and the body could have been built to go on an a scrap saloon chassis, so take it off and put it on a “cooking chassis with few go faster bits” as would have been very much what would have happened in the 50s.

Replace the body with a full width replica touring body and enjoy it!

Just my old fashioned tuppence worth.
This evening I unscrewed the seat back and discovered the now abandoned mouse colony.

Needs to be conserved and incorporated in the rebuild
Alan Fairless
Not sure why all the anti comment about fitting the TT body- given the number of changes carried out to all cars used in motor sport in the 30's.

I would think it could be difficult to claim originality for any Factory car, more so once in private hands.

Do whatever looks and seems right (and driveable)
Totally agree with all of that Tony.

Cannot wait to see the end result, soon. The car and body have lain dormant for too long, “ We want the finest austin seven special made from the rarest austin seven parts available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now!”
(17-11-2021, 10:59 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: “We want the finest austin seven special made from the rarest austin seven parts available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now!”

I can't remember if you are aware of the link between the film you have (sort of) quoted and dad.

Maybe we should consider installing a jukebox...
I am very much aware of the link. Big Grin
please share...
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!