The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Austin 7 Centenary Event 2022
Also, to echo Jon's point, it's great to have stuff going on through the week; but it would be good to nominate one specific day when everyone (especially those of us who still work!) can pull out the stops to be there. Otherwise it risks being like the JOGLE, where hundreds participated but we only saw half a dozen cars as most had left before us or not arrived yet.
Chris, the programme has already been published in outline; if you can only attend on one day, it strikes me you have three choices. Wednesday at Prescott if you want to see some action, Thursday if you want to celebrate the centenary to the day, or Saturday which is likely to attract the majority of day-visitors.
Chris - As a fellow 'worker' I really do appreciate that some will not be able to attend the whole event. BUT...

We need to be very clear that the Centenary Event will be unlike any other Austin Seven rally.

It is not a 'turn up and park in a field for the afternoon' type event. 

It is a world-class, multi-day event with things to do, places to go, things to see, things to be entertained by, and things for all the family to enjoy - oh, and the largest gathering of Austin Sevens ever seen. 

Even us workers take holidays. So make the Centenary Event a holiday. (If some of you would rather sit on a beach in Benidorm, that's fine but you will miss the most ambitious A7 gathering - ever).

We already know of groups of A7s who are going on tour together and making the week of the Centenary Event the central part of their holiday. 

We anticipate opening the bookings some time in September this year - at which point it will be clear what the entry and camping/accommodation pricing will be and what exactly is on offer. Until then I suggest that everyone who can pencils in and holds open the dates: Tuesday July 19th to Sunday July 24th 2022. 

The start is just 371 days away!
Although the Seven had already been announced and pictures shown in early July 1922, the "official" launch to the press was on the 21st, at a press luncheon at Claridge's, in London. So, how about a thousand Sevens turning up there for afternoon tea on that date? OK, I'm only joking - but a few cars there might be fun...
How about getting Claridge's to sponsor our lunch at Moreton on the 21st Big Grin
I love that idea!!
nevermind a free lunch mike.

hopefully claridge`s have been contacted over sponsorship of the event, AND with the importance of there roll in the little cars history, AS WELL as what part there sponsorship will play in the cars future.

and by asking them, i dont meen the faceless piece of paper i received in the post?? rather than just asking for money, pointing out to a company why its a good idea, can go alot further. and the personal touch often goes alot further. were as the paperwork sent is faceless and very quickly finds the bin Huh

sorry for the usual straight to the point approach, tony.
it's owned by the Qatari Royal Family. Has anyone got an email address?
Perhaps one of them could be tempted with a loan car.
We are looking at what type of plaque/momento would be suitable for the centenary event.

What creative ideas have you seen or would like to see used please?
a limited edition run of postcards? a nicely produced standard plaque? a printed CLOTH bag that would last? bold T-shirt?
Keep it small, keep it simple, so it keeps entrance cost down. Mugs great to use/longlived but they are expensive to send when sold afterwards to use up stock. Avoid badged plastic torches, windscreen pads, and marketing company stuff which kills polar bears...