The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scruffy specials - where have they all gone?
I had forgotten just how many miles he'd done and how long it had taken him. He kindly lent the Chummy to me to do the 1982 JoGLE - when I asked if he minded me driving it on such a long journey he replied "Long journey? This car's been to Africa and India - John O'Groats is local!"
I can imagine, looking forward to the re-read!
Rory I have copied your letter for inclusion in the back of Graham's book, for extra detail. Was there ever an account of the Africa/ India journeys in Thumberlina (28 chummy) or indeed the round Australia? I can't find my grey mag indexes at the moment.
No idea, sorry.
First discussed on here a while ago...

http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/s...1&cmd=show
In an earlier post, Steve Kay said "Having just two completed prototypes, Sir Herbert had one on display in London". I had asked for more detail on this, but perhaps Steve did not see that. Steve, can you give more details please? I am asking on behalf of the Archivist...

thanks...
Some photos of specials taken in the 70's My children in the photos . Sorry if they are a bit dark Does anyone know the cars and if they still exist. I have always liked the idea of building a special and finally built one in the early 80's. My car is The Aloy one with the Ruby cowl. Pete
Apologies for delays, I will get back to this later today.
I seem to be having great problems with the forum. will try again to put the photos on. Pete
It is in Wyatt's "The Austin, 10905-1952" that the display of OK3537 in Austin's Oxford St showroom is mentioned. This was at the time that Sir Herbert announced the launch of his new model at a lunch in Claridge's. Unlike the sporting activities of the other prototype, famously photographed, I cannot immediately find images of OK3537 either in the showroom or on the road. Perhaps other forum contributors have pictures.