The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Building my first Austin Seven car
Daisy says - “We’ve been through this before, Bruce. It’s a sports van, not a normal van”!

We have been discussing the possibility of painting the wood, rather than covering it, does anyone have any experience of painted wooden bodies?
I think that a fabric covering would be more durable.
(06-07-2023, 10:39 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: We have been discussing the possibility of painting the wood, rather than covering it, does anyone have any experience of painted wooden bodies?

Dad built both the "Red Car" & the "Black Car" from ply and then painted. I'll let him explain but if he doesn't respond remind me and I'll prod him!

And to answer David, both were built in the 1970''s and are both still around and doing well.
Thanks, Austin.
This came up on my Facebook page today…

.jpeg   72A8FA8B-C165-4203-9543-2164C1C662D9.jpeg (Size: 184.85 KB / Downloads: 351)
Well, if it's a "Sports" van perhaps you could fit two doors in the roof and then use them as air brakes...
Daisy says: “cool”. Big Grin

Cool
I shall get working on the Darth Vader body next then. I never knew being an ash framer could lead to such outrageous commissions. Never mind, the customer is always right!
Well, if it's a "Sports" van perhaps you could fit two doors in the roof and then use them as air brakes...

hmm, I see a gull wing version coming
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
The Darth-Vader-mobil is nearly ready for it’s bat wing!