The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy Hood Fitting to Body Tub
Hello all, 

I'm trying to fit a hood to my chummy project and have some questions about how it should be connected to the car at the rear. I understand that the hood I have was fitted to a special at some point and has been lowered and will need both the main support arms and the fabric at the rear extended. 

My key question is that I think I've seen two methods of attaching the hood to the rear of the body tub, one being 'lift the dot' fasteners along the back rear of the tub, and the other being somehow attached to the top edge of the tub top with the aluminium trim on top. 

Is one of these methods factory correct or were they both used for various times/models? In some ways I would prefer the lift the dot appoach for easy hood removal, but this would require drilling through the bodywork as there's no apparent holes where these fasteners would have been (unless they've been subsequently filled in and painted over). 

It is a lateish chummy and seems to have provision for what I think is the later type of hood rest brackets with four bolts, and not like these ones that seem readily available from the usual suppliers: https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/p...ckets-9173 

Is anyone able to point me towards a source for the later type of hood rest bracket?

Any help/thoughts much appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
Chummy Hood Fitting to Body Tub - by RupertW - 26-03-2024, 11:16 AM
RE: Chummy Hood Fitting to Body Tub - by RupertW - 26-03-2024, 05:13 PM
RE: Chummy Hood Fitting to Body Tub - by Parazine - 26-03-2024, 11:50 PM