The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another 5200-miler...and no mice damage.
(05-10-2023, 11:59 AM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: I enjoyed going through the pictures and seeing all the various items that were wrong/missing/damaged, but pleased to see that it at least retains its original registration number. I can’t see it getting close to that asking price.

Now, referring to Tony’s proposition, an absolutely spot on Ruby, with a good original interior and the very sensible engine upgrades, even in today’s market, I would be happy to spend £10,000, you wouldn’t be able to renovate one to that standard for that sort of money.

The over priced car has a certain attraction though!

Yes, a high-quality Ruby rebuild (as with any pre-war saloon) can run to £20,000+ if professionals are involved - and there would still remain detail jobs to do. Why spend so much when the finished job will not be worth the cost of restoration? Well, it's not about the money, I suppose it's just having something you desire - and being able to afford it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another 5200-miler...and no mice damage. - by Tony Griffiths - 06-10-2023, 03:10 PM