The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts on roll oversteer please
(13-02-2018, 07:57 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: ....I am very much in agreement with Steve regarding tight dampers, stiff front end and tyre pressures.

That's good to hear Ian. I'm no chassis engineering guru. I leave that to such as Alan who has it as his profession and is, therefore, someone to listen to as he knows what he's talking about as opposed to some who just think they do. However, I do watch how cars behave and I do think about how my car behaves and my experience is that the above (together with some tight binding of the springs) is the way to go before even thinking about going 'exotic'.  The car goes where it's pointed and such as the exit from Ettores on the Prescott Long Course with the car simply drifting on power to the next, left hand, apex with no steering input is an absolute delight - when you get it right!! 

As to my good friend Stuart, here he is practising what he preaches

Steve

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your thoughts on roll oversteer please - by Steve Jones - 14-02-2018, 11:57 AM