The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kerb weight of 1934 RP saloon. Help please...
I am one step away from having my RP officially on the road since 1977.  In New Zealand we have a safety compliance process that is quite involved.  So far so good after the car was inspected but I understand that the final step is for me to provide official documentation on the kerb weight.  (They also want the Combined Vehicle Mass as well, but I can make that up by adding the weight of a 1934 British Standard Couple and two kids).

Nothing off the internet is directly acceptable by the inspector, but our Vintage Car Club of NZ is accepted as the authority on vintage car matters and a statement from them would be accepted. Unfortunately the handbook is silent on the weight. Anything from the internet that is a copy of an original Austin document would give the VCC evidence they can use to make an authoritative statement on the weight. I see plenty of information on the internet suggesting that 10 cwt is the weight, but it is not an official document.

Can anyone please point me to an Austin statement that I can pass on to the VCC.

Thanks
Graham Ockleston
Slowly rebuilding a '34 RP

Messages In This Thread
Kerb weight of 1934 RP saloon. Help please... - by Graham O - 08-11-2022, 04:29 AM