The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zenith 26 VA choke
Sad 
Huh  When I bought my 1932 RN a few years back, it took me a while to realise that the choke return spring on the 26 VA carb had been repaired by Messers Heath & Robinson at some point. The standard spring was broken and half of what was left was still in place. It worked well enough.

Anyway - that temporary external arrangement finally gave way last week and I thought it was time to replace with the correct spring(s) - I mean how difficult can that be??

I stripped the cover off carefully and the components do look similar to those shown on the diagram shown (widely found on a search)     - it would be nice to have the list of what the numbered items are, but that's just me.

The main section numbered 16 and the actuating lever are pressed together as a severe interference-fit with the broken spring trapped in between. My questions are -

1. Do I just use brute-force and ignorance to separate this item and having replaced the spring re-press the parts together- being careful with the matching flat section? Pressing together with a vice seems OK, but getting it apart??!!

2. If I complete that - it is fairly obvious where the one end of the spring (no.18) goes on the actuating lever but where does the other end purchase against to supply the compression of the spring?

I have stared at this for quite a while and it isn't obvious to me. A couple of pics of the actual item

Hope you can help me

Messages In This Thread
Zenith 26 VA choke - by Old Dave - 13-08-2022, 11:42 AM
RE: Zenith 26 VA choke - by David Stepney - 13-08-2022, 01:18 PM
RE: Zenith 26 VA choke - by Ian Wegg - 13-08-2022, 02:52 PM
RE: Zenith 26 VA choke - by Old Dave - 13-08-2022, 08:35 PM
RE: Zenith 26 VA choke - by John Mason - 14-08-2022, 03:18 PM
RE: Zenith 26 VA choke - by Old Dave - 17-08-2022, 03:07 PM