The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guildtown 2022 good to be back
hi joe,

i wont know how bad until i strip down and rebuild.

but this all started at the end of last year engine was getting harder to start, were as she usually started on the button first time without choke. summer or winter. i tried to start her up around february. and nothing.

i started to clean points, plugs rotor etc. and she started but was very rough. tickover fine but rough reving until in top at higher revs. then running fine.

she was rough running when i loaded for guildtown, but i though she would be fine to get through the run. BUT there was also a new oil leek on the trailer. but you couldnt see were it was coming from.

i had a run into perth friday with ALOT of traffic, and having to keep reving so i didnt oil the plugs. not a happy engine by the time i got back.

i made the decision not to do the run saterday, (well how bigger bill do you want on an original ulster engine). id rather not blow it up.

we found the oil leek.

do remember im running an original ulster engine, the oil was coming from the rev counter cable. suggesting the nosecone is filling with oil.

ive always had wear problems needing attension, pistons are baggy, the car over fuels, and the distrib is both baggy in the dynamo. and on the gears. so its time.

ive been stoopidly busy trying to sort everyone else out, to get them ready for the centenary. now i find myself WITHOUT a running car. Angry

so the PHONE will be turned OFF for the foreseable future. so i can sort some of my own cars for the centenary event.

ill try to keep up with emails, but i will be putting my own cars first from here in. 

tony.

Messages In This Thread
guildtown 2022 good to be back - by Tony Betts - 02-05-2022, 07:12 PM
RE: guildtown 2022 good to be back - by Tony Betts - 02-05-2022, 09:29 PM