The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanner sizes for a 1928 Austin Seven
This is the old toffee tin that I keep under the seat of my Austin 7.    Over the years I have found that the contents seem to cope with any adjustment/ minor repair that you might require.  I also have a small tool roll with longer screwdrivers, grips, spanners etc but it is quite rare for these to be needed at the roadside.
The contents of the tin include small BSW spanners, BA spanners and some small metric spanners(the Ulster rep has metric fasteners for all non-mechanical bits.   Note the selection of bits of wire, metal rod etc.  This small tin has helped more than one vintage car (including a Bugatti) keep going in the past.  
Under the rear seat I keep two shortbread tins.  One has gaskets, sealants, adhesives, wire etc, the other has spares for the carburettor (SU), fuel pump, spare steering arm etc.            

Messages In This Thread
Spanner sizes for a 1928 Austin Seven - by JohnG - 16-04-2022, 09:06 AM
RE: Spanner sizes for a 1928 Austin Seven - by Malcolm Parker - 16-04-2022, 11:41 AM