The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital identification plates
As part of the ongoing saga of getting a car registered in NZ I recently learned about these: https://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/infos...Plates.pdf 

Basically it's a small 'button' that will now be attached to any vehicle that has to go through LVVTA inspection (low volume vehicle inspections) in New Zealand. It's basically an NFC tag that you can then look up the details of any car on the LVVTA website if you have the tag number and VIN number of the car.

It is starting to look more and more like any special, replica, hot rod or modified production vehicle will have to go through the LVVTA process so I presume they all now have to get one of these digital tags. Any car that previously had a LVVTA certification that gets modified will be updated with one. 

What this means is now ALL details of that car are stored in the system and will be checked at the 6 monthly WOF time (for older cars). If anything doesn't match, the car fails and needs to be re-certified. This includes photographs so they can see if the car has been changed.

I don't know how this will affect us vintage car people here in NZ yet. The VCC hasn't mentioned anything about this as far as I know of.

Is there anything like this in the UK?

Simon

Messages In This Thread
Digital identification plates - by jansens - 09-08-2021, 11:08 AM
RE: Digital identification plates - by jansens - 09-08-2021, 08:40 PM