The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hunting and Stalling at Tickover
A bit of a poser.

My Speedy has been driving very sweetly until earlier this week. I drove to my gym stopping to buy petrol on the way. On leaving the petrol station the car stalled but started easily. When I got to the gym it again stalled.

It drove home very well with perhaps a hint of a miss. Again it stalled as I put it away in the garage. On restarting, it picks up well and revs normally.

I gave it a dose of looking at earlier, checking and cleaning the carb, removing and checking the plugs, tweaking the timing but all to no avail. It will only tickover with greatly increased revs.

This is a Speedy engine with Sports manifold and downdraft Zenith, Paul Bonewell cam and followers and Accuspark distributor. What can have changed? My only thought is perhaps in putting petrol in the tank disturbed sludge which is causing a partial blockage (I've definitely experienced that sort of problem with our 1938 Pearl).

Suggestions and ideas please!

Messages In This Thread
Hunting and Stalling at Tickover - by Martin Baker - 10-06-2021, 08:01 PM