The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucas Switch Panel Levers/Knobs
So Lucas switch panels are becoming an item that are getting rarer and more expensive. Many that are available have either broken or missing levers/knobs (whichever term you prefer). 

Back in the heady days of autojumbles, I picked up the bare bones of two switch panels for £5. These were in a bit of a sorry state, but salvageable, and of course the levers were missing. In experimenting with moulding bits for ML magnetos I dug out these panels and made a mould from one of the original levers I had. 
With a little machined brass insert and an over moulding I can make the part shown in the attached photos. These are pretty much identical to the originals and certainly if they are fitted in pairs you would be very hard pushed to know they were reproductions. 

I started out making these just for myself and have made a couple for another forum member over the last couple of days. 

The question is whether there is a demand for these to be made in larger numbers? 

If it is the sort of thing you would be interested in, I would be glad of any feedback. I don't necessarily want people to commit to orders, but if I know there is a bit of a demand, I would get in the brass stock and run off a batch. 

Thanks

Tom

Attached Files
.jpg   DSC_0506.JPG (Size: 198.65 KB / Downloads: 576)
.jpg   DSC_0507.JPG (Size: 184.73 KB / Downloads: 575)

Messages In This Thread
Lucas Switch Panel Levers/Knobs - by TomHunt - 26-01-2021, 10:42 PM
RE: Lucas Switch Panel Levers/Knobs - by bob46320 - 27-01-2021, 07:40 AM
RE: Lucas Switch Panel Levers/Knobs - by JonE - 27-01-2021, 10:10 AM
RE: Lucas Switch Panel Levers/Knobs - by TomHunt - 27-01-2021, 02:40 PM
RE: Lucas Switch Panel Levers/Knobs - by Erich - 28-01-2021, 04:59 AM
RE: Lucas Switch Panel Levers/Knobs - by Erich - 30-01-2021, 08:47 PM