The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on two brake queries please
Hello, I have two questions regarding brakes (of course) on my RP 1933.

1) On full lock, the end of the cable on the wheel on the outside of the turn bends by 15 degrees or so (see photo) This appears to me to be most odd, but perhaps it is by design. I would have thought the cable bend would contribute to brakes binding on full lock?

2) the front brake levers (short), angle forward towards front of car by 15-20 degrees or so, definitely NOT in line with King Pin....presumably the major cause of my problem with binding on full lock. 

When I removed the brake lever, (Nut on cotter was to front of car) the flat on the brake cams (actuators) seems to me to be at a very steep angle (see photo). When the cable is disconnected, and brake pad ends lie flat against the cam faces (ie brakes 10% off) the brake lever adopts an angle of 40 degrees of so (estimate) to the front of car. 

I would have thought with the cable disconnected that the ball on the lever would have naturally been almost in line with the king pin? but obviously I don't fully understand the design of the brakes sufficiently.

I am a relative novice with A7's so any information or advise will be gratefully received, no matter how basic or obvious (to the experienced)

Attached Files
.jpg   lever.jpg (Size: 208.87 KB / Downloads: 467)
.jpg   cable.jpg (Size: 197.08 KB / Downloads: 465)

Messages In This Thread
Advice on two brake queries please - by A7novice - 15-12-2020, 09:39 PM