The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
APF bulb positioning.
I am trying to get the final few details done before I can get my car road legal (I hope!). 

One of the last things it headlamps. Ian kindly provided a nice set of shells I cleaned up and I previously bought new 7 workshop reflectors. These take APF bulbs. These obviously need to go up the right way so the two filaments are positioned correctly. One is flat and the other U shaped. I am guessing the flat is the high beam and goes to the top and the curved is the dipped? Which way up should they go? Or do people just rotate them until they seem right? 

I will eventually look at LED replacements but these can be a bit of a grey area here if they are not 'approved' ones. I suspect for normal WOFs (our MOT) no one would care but as I need my car re-vinned I am sticking to normal bulbs for now since I can be sure they can't complain about them!

Simon

Just editing this: Actually LEDS might be fine in older cars here in NZ. It all gets a bit complicated but I think only cars after a certain age need certified ones. This is where it gets tricky though as it's not based on the age of the car itself but when it was first registered.

Messages In This Thread
APF bulb positioning. - by jansens - 25-10-2020, 04:58 AM
RE: APF bulb positioning. - by JonE - 25-10-2020, 09:23 AM
RE: APF bulb positioning. - by Colin Reed - 25-10-2020, 09:50 AM
RE: APF bulb positioning. - by Stuart Joseph - 25-10-2020, 11:12 AM
RE: APF bulb positioning. - by jansens - 25-10-2020, 08:10 PM
RE: APF bulb positioning. - by Colin Reed - 25-10-2020, 08:58 PM
RE: APF bulb positioning. - by jansens - 28-10-2020, 05:57 PM