The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Value for Insurance Purposes
Hi,

I appreciate that any suggestions will probably come with all sorts of caveats but I could do with some advice. 

I built my “Ulsteroid” around 25 years ago at a time when exact originality wasn’t seen as so important as getting a car on the road and enjoying it.

That being said I did the best I could to make it an Ulster replica rather than a special and it’s based on a short chassis with a tuned 2-bearing engine and three-speed gearbox. The bodywork is in aluminium and was made by “Vintage Wings”, it has a dropped front axle, instruments which came from Alan Raeburn and the interior made to the Chris Gould guide.

The incorrect parts include heavy (Ruby) radius arms, a “D” type back axle with the mountings narrowed to suit the short chassis and semi-girling brakes. It’s also on 17” wheels.

I not thinking of selling but I do need to renew my insurance and suspect I’m currently under insured so wondered what the group feeling was as to likely value?

I’ve attached a photo if it helps.

.jpg   Austin Seven from front quarter.jpg (Size: 219.63 KB / Downloads: 320)

John.

Messages In This Thread
Value for Insurance Purposes - by John P - 09-10-2020, 04:47 PM
RE: Value for Insurance Purposes - by John P - 09-10-2020, 05:01 PM
RE: Value for Insurance Purposes - by Chris KC - 09-10-2020, 05:08 PM
RE: Value for Insurance Purposes - by Nick Salmon - 09-10-2020, 05:22 PM
RE: Value for Insurance Purposes - by Steve Jones - 09-10-2020, 05:58 PM
RE: Value for Insurance Purposes - by Zetomagneto - 09-10-2020, 09:51 PM