The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steering box & radius arm relocation.
I have now stripped the chassis [early 30s LWB] down and starting the rebuild for a single seat special. 

Looking at various photos and other cars the steering box has been lifted by around 6-8" from the chassis and tilted back, my question on this is, is there an exact science to this, or is it more for the comfort of the driver? 

Iam also looking to move the engine back around 8-10" in the chassis, and so the cross member that the radius arms mount to will no longer be avalable in the centre. I have seen cars where the mouting has been moved outwards and put a kink into the arms, how are these fixed to the crossmember, originally they would have had an element of torsion/friction between the two arms through the single ball fixing but this will be lost, are these now just tightened up on single balls each side, or is it better to use a modern style ball joint or Rose joint? 

Any other advise on the above that i may have over looked would be welcome.

Messages In This Thread
Steering box & radius arm relocation. - by JohnD - 23-09-2020, 12:03 PM