The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A ladies' day in London town, 1928...
Thanks Tony for a good chuckle.. Not just delightfully sexist, but today the ad agency would likely be stormed by offended red heads. Persons of somewhat eccentric manner see themselves (or did prior PC) characterised everywhere but it deters few.
Thanks also to AGW. The Vauxhall Cadet was quite popular here and many outlasted later more complex models into the 1970s.
And thanks Anarchist. The gearbox film intriguing. WIth synchro and double helical gears a very refined gearbox. Far removed from the 1920s crash boxes. Old production shots interesting as can see just what is going on. The absence of safety specs always intrigues. After a lifetime wearing ordinary specs I now find after cataract ops that better without close up. I now realise how much dirt ordinary specs kept out!
(In the naivety of youth I split and reassembled clusters to avoid mix of gears but I wonder how often mismatch leads to significant noise. It does sometimes on Javelin cars but two manufacturers were involved, the later being the company with poor quality control)

Messages In This Thread
RE: A ladies' day in London town, 1928... - by Bob Culver - 09-09-2020, 07:50 AM