The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nippy Radiator Shells
A couple of weeks ago, I started to replace the bonnet rest rubber, and fit the correct headlamps to my Nippy. The car was fitted with a canvas strip as the bonnet rest on the bulk head and radiator shell. The bonnet was a poor fit, resulting in chipped paint on the bonnet edge and bulk head. As usual, what started as a small job has grown into major works.
As I could not get the radiator shell to move to improve the radiator- bonnet fit, I removed the radiator to check the attachment holes would allow adjustment movement. I found that the rear edge of the radiator shell was resting on and abutting the front nose piece of the chassis. Thus preventing radiator alignment.
I have another scruffy short radiator shell, so decided to compare the two. The old shell has a section of the bottom inner edge cut away,so that it clears the chassis providing much more scope for adjustment. It is not a Nippy shell as it lacks the head lamp mounting bracket holes. 
Before I start cutting my Nippy shell, where Nippy shell originally supplied with the cut-away? or am I missing something.
I will try and include photo's of the two shell.
Sorry cannot get the photo's attached.

Messages In This Thread
Nippy Radiator Shells - by john williams - 14-07-2020, 02:09 PM
RE: Nippy Radiator Shells - by Tony Griffiths - 14-07-2020, 02:26 PM
RE: Nippy Radiator Shells - by Peter Clayton - 14-07-2020, 03:42 PM
RE: Nippy Radiator Shells - by Tony Griffiths - 14-07-2020, 10:02 PM
RE: Nippy Radiator Shells - by Zetomagneto - 14-07-2020, 11:16 PM
RE: Nippy Radiator Shells - by Bill Sheehan - 15-07-2020, 01:27 AM
RE: Nippy Radiator Shells - by john williams - 18-07-2020, 09:26 AM