The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up Accuspark Distributor
No problems with the mechanical fitting but I have a hopefully simple question regarding the electrical connections for the Accuspark unit. As no one else had asked a single question about this I have to assume I am being dense but wanted to be safe rather than risk blowing electronics.

I am fitting to a 33 box, positive earth.
The instructions state that my current set up will have positive/CB coil connection going to the distributor.

Looking at my Austin wiring diagram it agrees, with CB positive to distributor.

However, what I have is the negative  terminal of the coil attached to the distributor. And I definitely have positive earth, with the positive battery terminal attached to the body.

The Accuspark instructions then go on to show the final set up with the negative terminal of the coil to the new distributor.

So, with my starting point apparently different from that described I am not sure quite  how to proceed.

Having done some checking it seems a coil will work whichever way round it is wired but will give a stronger spark if wired 'correctly' with positive earth having positive coil contact to distributor.

So should I ignore what I have and effectively change round the leads to give a new starting point for the Accuspark to then follow instructions?

Unfortunately I had already removed the old distributor before discovering this so cannot simply reverse the coil contacts on the current set up to see the it works OK before adding in the variable of the new dizzy.
Thanks for any thoughts

Cheers
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!

Messages In This Thread
Setting up Accuspark Distributor - by Andy Bennett - 15-11-2017, 08:31 PM
RE: Setting up Accuspark Distributor - by JonE - 16-11-2017, 09:02 AM
RE: Setting up Accuspark Distributor - by JonE - 15-11-2017, 10:41 PM
RE: Setting up Accuspark Distributor - by JonE - 16-11-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: Setting up Accuspark Distributor - by GK5268 - 16-11-2017, 02:41 PM
RE: Setting up Accuspark Distributor - by JonE - 17-11-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: Setting up Accuspark Distributor - by JonE - 17-11-2017, 08:47 PM