The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford 8/10 hp Track Rod Ends on a special?
I am looking to lengthen my steering side tube by about 2 inches in order to accommodate the wider track of a Speedex IFS axle. The geometry is all a little fluid at the moment,  so it might be useful to have it adjustable for length.

The Speedex track rod is adjustable and has (I believe) Ford 10hp track rod ends. 

It seems to me that the taper on the Ford track rod ends is similar if not identical to that on the balls of the Austin steering side tube (or drag link if you prefer). 

Is there a good reason why I can't replace the front end of my side tube with the end of a Ford track rod, providing the rotation necessary for steering and adjustment? I can't do the back end or it will foul the chassis...

Does anyone know of a later track rod end with a similarly slender taper that could be used in place of the Ford ones? (i.e. less rare and therefore not too pricey!)

Messages In This Thread
Ford 8/10 hp Track Rod Ends on a special? - by Nick Lettington - 07-06-2020, 06:45 PM