The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK whats going on here then ???
I understand that on many other old cars the distributor carbon was resistive giving some suppression, but the original Seven had none at all and radiates wondrously. I have told befor how I used to give a mate a lift on a Sunday evening from our home town to the city. Despite no exact meeting time he was always standing by his front door. Said he could see me coming on the TV! it is nevertheless surprisng that so much escapes the metal body. Also confuses meters. especially quality analogue and any digital.
With suppression drawn sparks appear tame but work nonetheless.
Note drawing long sparks severely strains insulation of all the components. I can remember when very small my father demonstrating long sparks from the Austin but fortunately no harm done. 
Prior to the invention of valves all transmitters were spark. Could not be modulated with speech so all in code. With voice communication the outcome of Jutland may have been better.
i often wonder if Sevens should have a Pacemaker warning fitted.

Messages In This Thread
OK whats going on here then ??? - by flywheel1935 - 05-06-2020, 05:15 PM
RE: OK whats going on here then ??? - by bob46320 - 05-06-2020, 09:13 PM
RE: OK whats going on here then ??? - by Bob Culver - 05-06-2020, 09:29 PM