The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why an Austin seven
My love affair with Austin Sevens started in the early sixties, my family comes from a little village called St Ippollytts in Hertfordshire and we used to drive to and from Willesden in North West London and passed the Rush Green scrap yard where you would seen box saloons, Rubies, Big Sevens, Morris 8s, Ford Y types and Austin 10s piled one on top of the other, all taken off the road at a stroke with the introduction of the MOT test...arriving in Willesden you would see the same pre war cars abandoned in the dilapidated residential roads and I wanted to save them all from the crusher.

I spent many a happy hour lying on my back in an upside down big old thirties saloon in Rush Green scrap yard withdrawing a half shaft off an adjacent car in the stack and that old car smell is still with me today and when I poke my nose into a very original thirties car on a summers day, it all comes flooding back.

I’ve done my part by saving as many Austin Sevens as I can and haven’t sent one to the crusher yet!

Messages In This Thread
why an Austin seven - by robert regan - 24-05-2020, 10:10 AM
RE: why an Austin seven - by Rpm - 24-05-2020, 11:06 AM
RE: why an Austin seven - by John Mason - 24-05-2020, 02:08 PM
RE: why an Austin seven - by Rpm - 24-05-2020, 04:10 PM
RE: why an Austin seven - by Ivor Hawkins - 24-05-2020, 05:25 PM