The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Austin Seven Bathing Beauty - teaser 1
I am sure that, 80 or 90 years ago, people were shorter than they are now.I am sure that better public health and a more plentiful supply of cheaper food is responsible for this. I am 5'7" ( I used to be 5'8" but I have appeared to have shrunk over the years) and need a cushion to sit on in my Seven to get sufficient clearance for my legs to be comfortable, even though the seat is set at its most rearward position. In this regard, I note that my great-grandson Leon, presently 14 and 5'2", having been initiated into the arcane mysteries of driving a prewar car, finds the Seven ideal for him. Incidentally, my mother (born 1915 and sadly no longer with us) was proudly 5'0". She started her driving career in 1932 at the tender age of 17 in an EA Austin Ulster (a proper one, not a replica!) owned by a boyfriend of the time. I have a photo somewhere of Mother sitting in this car wearing a milk white flying helmet! She used to manage my father's 20/25 Royce with some aplomb, although she hated it because it was so big.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bathing Beauty - teaser 1 - by Tony Press - 24-05-2020, 02:28 AM
RE: Bathing Beauty - teaser 1 - by Bob Culver - 24-05-2020, 05:46 AM
RE: Austin Seven Bathing Beauty - teaser 1 - by David Stepney - 24-05-2020, 09:28 PM