The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trials Austin
Thanks to you for your answers, I am afraid I have mislaid you with my first message.

My TB is ok for rallyes and I feel I am too old now to turn around the 4 sides of a village and believe I am a racer.
Looking at Austin 7 on trials on Youtube, everybody seems happy and I want to try it but trials do not exist in France (but for motorbikes).
Living in a remote country, there are plenty of small lanes and woods where I can drive with pleasure. I'll be alone first, I have already talked about it to friends and they wait to see what happens and, hopefully, they will join me. Nothing more.
There are so many different Sevens, my question is what is better suited for purely amateur trialling ? : short or long chassis, 3 or 4 speed gearbox, etc ..
I have all winter to find a special I like. If not, the Chummy is great looking;

Jeff : thanks for Quotethisnumber I printed. I had seen the Taylor Seven, nice but missing its windscreeen and probably heavy ?
Roger and Nick, thanks for the VSCC ruling and the Austin 7 Production Cars Trials, they look great. I like vintage cars and have no taste for "classical" trials (ii.e. with post-war cars).
As you see, I look for an "Austin in my shed" but the right one.
Some years ago, I went as north as Leeds friom close to the Spanish border with a trailer to buy a Morgan 3-wheeler and it was not as I thought so I came back empty after 3 days of driving, 2 nights in the ferry, great cost and I want to avoid doing it again.
Thanks,
Jean in rainy SW France

Messages In This Thread
Trials Austin - by 3W7 - 04-11-2017, 11:26 AM
RE: Trials Austin - by Jeff Taylor - 04-11-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: Trials Austin - by Roger Goldthorpe - 04-11-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Trials Austin - by Nick Salmon - 04-11-2017, 04:29 PM
RE: Trials Austin - by Austin in the Shed - 04-11-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Trials Austin - by 3W7 - 05-11-2017, 06:00 PM
RE: Trials Austin - by Nick Salmon - 05-11-2017, 07:48 PM
RE: Trials Austin - by Roger Goldthorpe - 06-11-2017, 10:50 AM