The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trials Austin
It all depends on what you want from trialling.
The ATCT are the organisation that administer ‘Classic Trials’ and have specifications for each of their 8 classes. A standard Austin 7 I believe would be class 2, ‘Production cars originally manufactured prior to 1941’ and a Reliant engined Austin 7 would be class 7 ‘Production cars modified beyond permitted limits’. Class 7 has some very competitive cars and the modified Austin 7 may struggle. That said I run in class 7 with a Reliant engined Liege but the Liege although referred to, as ‘a modern Austin 7’ is quite a different animal. Class 8 is for non-production cars, including homebuilt one offs and is beyond a Reliant engined car as some very special machinery dominates this class.
Classic Trials are not just for classic cars as such but cater for cars from all ages; it is the format of the trial that is ‘Classic’.
The MSA (Motor Sport Association) set out the rules and regulations relating to Trials and the Cars.
The Vintage Sports Car Club run trials for ‘vintage cars’ as the name implies but accommodate Austin 7’s up to 1934, pre Ruby. Again the Club have specifications to which the Austin 7 must comply.
Both the 750 Motor Club and the Pre War Austin 7 Club run trials and again will have a specification to which the car will have to comply.
The MCC (Motor Cycling Club) run three classic trials that include night driving that adds yet another dimension.
All these trials follow a similar format and even though you may find that you are uncompetitive it is tremendous fun trying to beat Nature let alone the other competitors.
E-mail me if you want to discuss any particular aspect. I should however point out I am not an expert and stand to be corrected on what I have written I just enjoy the challenge of trialling.

Hear are some links.

www.classictrials.co.uk

http://www.actc.org.uk/

http://www.vscc.co.uk/vsccMedia/1944.pdf

Cheers, Roger

Jean,

I forgot to say how amazing the Austin 7’s performance is and it is always an embarrassment to be beaten by them!

Roger

Messages In This Thread
Trials Austin - by 3W7 - 04-11-2017, 11:26 AM
RE: Trials Austin - by Jeff Taylor - 04-11-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: Trials Austin - by Roger Goldthorpe - 04-11-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Trials Austin - by Nick Salmon - 04-11-2017, 04:29 PM
RE: Trials Austin - by Austin in the Shed - 04-11-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Trials Austin - by 3W7 - 05-11-2017, 06:00 PM
RE: Trials Austin - by Nick Salmon - 05-11-2017, 07:48 PM
RE: Trials Austin - by Roger Goldthorpe - 06-11-2017, 10:50 AM